Thursday, May 19, 2016

"Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice" movie review



I have seen this movie twice. I know. It's sad. 

"Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice" is directed by Zack Snyder and tells the story of the long awaited battle of Batman and Superman. Bruce Wayne/Batman (Ben Affleck) witnesses the events in "Man of Steel" where Superman (Henry Cavill) causes so much destruction to Metropolis. Wayne sets off for a path for revenge because Superman killed thousands of Wayne's employee's and friends. This movie was such a crushing disappointment. I have been looking forward to this movie ever since it was announced that the script was in development. Yet, the script was the weakest part of this movie. Most of this movie is just exposition and random scenes of crimes to keep going over the fact that Batman and Superman are in fact superheros. Also, Jesse Eisenberg was one of the worst casting choices I have ever seen next to George Clooney as Batman in "Batman and Robin". That's how much I didn't like him. That is all I am going to say that isn't spoilery. 

*SPOILERS AHEAD*







Lois Lane was one of the weakest parts of the movie. Don't get me wrong, I think Amy Adams is an amazing actress. I liked her in "American Hustle", "Enchanted", and "The Muppets". However, in this movie along with "Man of Steel" did not like her. More so her character, because she goes back and forth between being the damsel in distress to trying super hard to be a badass, then back to being a damsel in distress. 

Most of this movie is exposition. I saw this movie once and fell asleep because this movie bored me out of my mind. I just went to see it again with my friend Brianna and we agreed on almost everything about this movie. There was not enough action for a comic book movie. This movie is two and a half hours long and about seventy-five percent exposition.

There was also kind of an over reliance on two things, CGI and jump scares. The CGI for the most part is pretty average for a comic book movie, but when Doomsday is introduced, the CGI was starting to go down hill. There are also way to many intended jump scared with the giant bat and the explosions and all of the other crap like that. 

The ending with Superman dying is so stupid. If they wanted to kill him off, then he should've stayed dead when he was nuked when he was in space. It would have been a lot better if they found him dead after trying to take down Doomsday which would've created a very good battle between Wonderwoman, Batman, and Doomsday. 

Overall, I am just hoping that the new Batman movie, Wonder Woman movie, and the Justice League movie are a lot better. I feel bad for anyone who liked this movie, and for anyone, like me, who didn't like it and had to sit through it. 



Grade: D

No comments:

Post a Comment