Thursday, May 19, 2016

"Star Wars Episode I : The Phantom Menace" movie review


 I will be starting monthly reviews of all of the Star Wars films until "Rouge One" is released in December. Also, (embarrassingly) I will be posting reviews for the movie on my YouTube. So, this is going to be a non-spoiler review and the review on my YouTube channel will be a completely spoiler filled review. 

So this is the first installment in the completely disappointing Star Wars prequel trilogy. This movie was written and directed by George Lucas and stars Liam Neeson, Ewan McGregor, Natalie Portman, and Jake Lloyd. It tells the story of Qui-Gon Jin and Obi-Wan Kenobi as they try to protect Queen Amidala from the Trade Federation and they pick up many different people on the way. 

This is my least favorite of the entire Star Wars saga. It has the weakest dialouge, no character development, and some of the most obvious CGI ever. The green screen wasn't as bad as Attack of the Clones but, everything else was bad. 

Many people say that they were looking forward to just seeing Anakin turn to the dark side, but they need to get the other stuff out of the way like how Obi-Wan met him and how he fell in love with Luke and Leia's mother. 

I know this was a very short review but I think that this needed to be short because my YouTube review is twenty minutes long. 

​My Grade:C-

No comments:

Post a Comment